donderdag 6 juni 2013

Donderdag
6
Juni

The List

The List of people that I can call my friends
Gets shorter every day
The list of names I can call and say 'hi'
Gets shorter in every way
Some left or died, some lied, when they said they'd call
Or was it me who never tried
The list of people that I can call my friends
Vanishes in time passing by

The list of things that I still need to do
Gets longer all the time
The travels and ideas, the plans that I drew
Are awaiting already for awhile
Some I'll do, some I won't
I need another life to do the things I don't
The list of things that I still need to do
Is out on the longer road

The list of things that I really need
Fits in the palm of my hand
The things that make me feel good, oh yes indeed
Are so simple you wouldn't understand
But that's my tale, and it's not for sale,
But these three chords will tell you, have they ever failed?
The list of things you can hear them in these strings
I hope you listen well

Ad van Meurs (Music & words)
Folk Survival Club

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten